ALERT; Sadly I left my trusty underwater camera behind so thankyou to my pal Andreas who risked his phone in one of those dodgy waterproof pockets! The quality is pants but I will cheat and put in a vid of a turtle I swam with in Bunaken Indonesia. I still can’t find that damn camera……
UNDERWATER LIFE SEEN, SNORKELLING IN CAYE CAULKER.
- Manatee, the beautiful grazing sea cow.
- Horse-eye jacks (very in your face pushy fish that you love at the beginning)
- Mustard coral
- Fire coral (ouch don’t touch)
- Fan coral (lots of that and very beautiful too wafting around)
- Manta ray (a few times seeing this and so elegant)
- Octopus in a hole (had to dive for that one!)
- Nurse sharks ( you can swim with those down shark alley)
- Turtles (loggerheads and hawksbill)
- Honeycomb cowfish
- Porcupine fish
- Scrawled filefish (must have looked this one up!)
- Queen Angelfish
- Various other types of Angelfish including French!
- Trumpet fish
- Black Durgeon
- Tarpon (you can feed those at a special stop at the start of the day)
After that my “list” becomes more difficult to read so do please add to it when you get there or anyone else who has been there. I would love to hear fishy anecdotes or add to the list . I had after all drunk a lot of coconut rum after the trip!
Health and Safety: don’t drink before any water activity!
OVER AND OUT FROM A FISHY REBECCA XXX
On a different note my art links below!
Pages: 1 2