Two fellow bloggers are about to hit Belize and Caye Caulker so I thought it remiss not to post a list of what I saw (shouted out a lot of the time by our lovely- if a little strict- fishy teacher provided by the boat tour company). So Maggie and Richard (Monkeys Tale) this is for you as scribbled down in my journal!
ALERT; Sadly I left my trusty underwater camera behind so thankyou to my pal Andreas who risked his phone in one of those dodgy waterproof pockets! The quality is pants but I will cheat and put in a vid of a turtle I swam with in Bunaken Indonesia. I still can’t find that damn camera……
UNDERWATER LIFE SEEN, SNORKELLING IN CAYE CAULKER.
- Manatee, the beautiful grazing sea cow.
- Horse-eye jacks (very in your face pushy fish that you love at the beginning)
- Mustard coral
- Fire coral (ouch don’t touch)
- Fan coral (lots of that and very beautiful too wafting around)
- Manta ray (a few times seeing this and so elegant)
- Octopus in a hole (had to dive for that one!)
- Nurse sharks ( you can swim with those down shark alley)
- Turtles (loggerheads and hawksbill)
- Honeycomb cowfish
- Porcupine fish
- Scrawled filefish (must have looked this one up!)
- Queen Angelfish
- Various other types of Angelfish including French!
- Trumpet fish
- Black Durgeon
- Tarpon (you can feed those at a special stop at the start of the day)
After that my “list” becomes more difficult to read so do please add to it when you get there or anyone else who has been there. I would love to hear fishy anecdotes or add to the list . I had after all drunk a lot of coconut rum after the trip!
Health and Safety: don’t drink before any water activity!
OVER AND OUT FROM A FISHY REBECCA XXX
On a different note my art links below!
CHECK MY OTHER SITES BELOW! They have some mad stuff with my modelling acting and art careers…..
ART-WITH-ATTITUDE.CO.UK My sculpture ceramics and photography
RTPOTS.COM My acting, modelling and films.
MY CHANNEL YOUTUBE For my vids